There are surely innumberable ways to do this, but we at Snake Oil HQ thought we would, as a public service, suggest one of the means by which you, as a Columbia Heights resident who wants to contribute to the community, pay your honorarium to the new Target that is being touted as nothing less than the dawning of a new age.
In the course of two visits within 53 hours of the store’s ahead-of-schedule opening at 0800 Wednesday, we managed to drop just over $100. (It would have been $5 more if not for the coupon we got in the mail the day the store opened, inviting us to come and spend after the opening on March 9 — still two days in the future as we write!)
- Nightstand/lamp combo thing ($45)
- 26-watt lightbulb ($4.99)
- 18″ by 24″ poster frame for sweet gig poster commemorating last weeks pair of Wilco shows at the 9:30 ($19.99)
- Eggo frozen waffles ( $2.49)
- Superpretzel froxen pretzels ($1.69)
- Replacement razor cartridges ($8.99)
- Jif peanut butter ($1.75)
- Kleenex ($4.79)
So, we’ve done our part. Have you done your duty? Let’s get the bottleneck started now!
Also: Approximately 11 hours into the Target’s life, we returned home via the car we try only to use once per week, and were still able to find street parking on our usual block. We’ll see how long that lasts.